Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:43:53 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   New Mouseprotocol?

--Boundary-02=_er2RAco39ZpJfcG

Hi all,

today I got a new Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Platinum.
I love these mice, please no comments about Microsoft ;)

But this mouse does neither work with moused nor with XFree when configured=
=20
to /dev/ums0 instead of my usual /dev/sysmouse.

When I use the PS/2 adaptor it's working fine with moused!

Here's what I get from devfs:
port 1 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Microsoft IntelliMouse=AE=
=20
Explorer(0x0095), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 4.19

And here is the line with my old Intellimouse Explorer (which worked perfec=
tly=20
for four years now!):
port 2 addr 4: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Microsoft IntelliMouse=AE=
=20
Explorer(0x001e), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 1.14

Does anybody know if Microsoft invented a new proprietary protocol?
There's a big MAC Logo on the box so I thought there can't be any problem=20
running it with FreeBSD!
(System is -current from some hours ago)

Thanks,

=2DHarry