Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:12:25 -0500
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Modem or Second H/D

This is for you technical people.

I have an old 486 machine that I was going to set up as a backup gateway
while working on my regular gateway machine.  I have a couple of small
hardrives in it, so I need both just for the minimum configuration.
I first loaded a fresh copy of 3.4-stable via ed0 which i have
configured at 0x300 with an irq10 .  Everything went perfectly until I
moved the internal pnp modem from the other machine in preparation for
rebuilding the kernel.  When I rebooted with the modem installed
suddenly the second hardrive was not recognized.  I can check the hard
drive configuration in sysinstall and the drive is there as well as the
proper slices.  I can take out the modem and the system comes up
normally.  Put the modem back in and I get these messages that second
hard drive is not configured.

Any ideas,

Jim Weeks
jim@siteplus.com