Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 21:03:41 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making an Image/cloning a system

Hi,

	You can use "dd" to make a complete clone of the drive, ie.
dd if=/dev/wd0 of=cloned.img bs=16k. This is a sector by sector copy
of the disc including the mbr and partition info. I think?

	You should still consider getting a tape drive so that you
have more than one backup of the files. Even if the tape is across
the network. I do something like that at home using some shell
scripts, ssh and tar.

Regards
Willem Brown

http://www.brwn.org/~willem/pubkey.txt