Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:59:58 -0600
From:      Allen Campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
To:        kevink@mindless.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: main platform?

kevink@mindless.com wrote:

> Who uses FreeBSD as their primary computing platform at home?

I maintain one main server running FreeBSD and several older pentiums as
X terminals running a mix of FreeBSD and Linux, all on a small Ethernet
network.  One of the X terminals boots into Windows for MS Word.  I can
not remember the last time I did that.  Hmmm.

Recently, I was surprised to realize that my server, in all its various
forms over the years, has never crashed.  The X terminals lunch
themselves from time to time due to X server bugs and hardware
failures.  However the server, since 2.1.5 when I started running
FreeBSD, has never crashed.  How boring. :)

--
  Allen Campbell       |  Lurking at the bottom of the gravity
  allenc@verinet.com   |    well, getting dumber and dumber.