Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:43:24 -0700
From:      John Fox <jjf@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   top's 'WCPU' category

I've been poking around with 'top' and have gotten curious about
'WCPU' versus 'CPU'.  Specifically, I am curious about the difference
between them.

I read the manpage and saw the 'WCPU' is derived the same way ps derives
'CPU' stat.  I then looked up the CPU stat in ps' manpage and didn't
understand any of it!

Would someone capable be willing to give a lay-person's explanation
of these two different stats?  It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

John