Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:55:08 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Tony" <tony@idk.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: how to specifiy nameserver

You put it in /etc/resolv.conf. Type "man resolv.conf" for detailed
information. Basically, do something like this in /etc/resolv.conf

	domain your-domain-name
	nameserver ip-address-of-the-nameserver

Notes:

1. Your domain name means JUST the domain name, not the host portion. So if
your hostname is www.bigdomain.com, you would just enter bigdomain.com.
2. You must use the IP addresses of the name server and not the name. That's
pretty self explanatory.
3. You may include more than one nameserver entry in resolv.conf if you have
more than on nameserver. Each entry should be on a line by itself. For
example:

	domain bigdomain.com
	nameserver 10.0.0.1
	nameserver 10.0.0.2