Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:36:59 -0600
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'lex manno'" <lexmanno@yahoo.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: vi? lynx? please!

I wouldn't call vi primitive.  In fact I would say it has to be one of the
finest text editors available to anyone.  Movement is lightning quick and
editing can be done in a snap from multiple positions around the cursor with
just a flick of a key, besides...the mouse hurts my wrist and arm something
fierce.

As others have stated you are free to choose what gets installed in your
system, but I wouldn't touch anything like emacs if my life depended on it.
Tried once, didn't like it, went back to vi.

Que sera, sera.

Gene