Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2023 21:00:24 +0100
From:      Edson Brandi <ebrandi@freebsd.org>
To:        YooKyung-tak <stonegaze@me.com>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about reflection

Hi YooKyung-tak,

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 12:48=E2=80=AFPM YooKyung-tak <stonegaze@me.com> wr=
ote:

> The most difficult part of translating is that I can't immediately see th=
e results of my translations. Sure, the weblate provides an easy-to-use tra=
nslation environment, but I can't see how my translations are actually seen=
 on the monitor.

In a few days we will have our ci server for the translation project
up and running again, and then you will be able to see how your
translations are actually seen on the monitor :)

Before that, you can build the documentation in you local FreeBSD
machine (it can be a VM under virtualbox for example) to see the
results, for that you need to follow a few steps:

1) instal the docproj meta port:
    # pkg install docproj

2) Clone the repository freebsd-doc and freebsd-doc-translate from github:
    % git clone https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-doc.git
    % git clone https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-doc-translate.git

3) Convert the file _index.po of the document that you are translating
into the _index.adoc file, for example to do that for the article
leap-seconds, (https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/leap-seconds/):
    % cp ~/freebsd-doc-translate/documentation/content/ko/articles/leap-sec=
onds/_index.po
~/freebsd-doc/documentation/content/ko/articles/leap-seconds/_index.po
    % cd ~/freebsd-doc
    % ./tools/translate.sh documentation ko articles/leap-seconds

4) Build the documents, replace <YOUR-IP> with the IP of your computer...
   % cd ~/freebsd-doc-translate/documentation
   % DOC_LANG=3D"en ko" make run BIND=3D<YOUR-IP>

5) Check the results opening a browser and visiting the url:

http://<YOUR-IP>:1313/ko/articles/leap-seconds/

If you have any question let me know.

best regards

Brandi