Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:02:57 +1000
From:      Stewart Heckenberg <youdaman@reincarnate.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   New to FreeBSD

Hi all,

I've recently installed FreeBSD. I use UNIX at Newcastle University, and
I wanted to install a UNIX clone on my PC at home. I chose FreeBSD over
Linux, as I found the online documentation was much better, and FreeBSD
seems a "truer" UNIX clone with more emphasis on a hands-on,
under-the-hood attitude.

I'm hoping to further my UNIX and programming skills using FreeBSD, and
hopefully I'll one day delete Win95 for good - hoorah! :)

Cheers,

Stewart Heckenberg