Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:29:01 +0100
From:      Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
To:        Mikolaj Golub <trociny@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kostik Belousov <kib@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: a sysctl for process binary osreldate

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 09:30:05PM +0200, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> I added osrel output to procstat -b option:

> kopusha:~% procstat -b 2975
>   PID COMM                OSREL PATH
>  2975 emacs             1000001 /usr/local/bin/emacs-23.3

> Would this be ok or someone see a better way?

Hmm, this means that procstat is not supposed to be used from scripts as
it is apparently OK to change its output format like this?

In some ways, querying via ps would be better for scripts since it
allows things like
  ps -p PID -o KEYWORD=
which do not need additional parsing except that many of the newer
things in procstat do not have ps keywords.

--
Jilles Tjoelker