Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2007 07:05:08 GMT
From:      Lars Domesjö <lars-freebsdpr@domesjo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/114208: Problem booting the FreeBSD CD ISO image

>Number:         114208
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Problem booting the FreeBSD CD ISO image
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When booting of the FreeBSD 6.2-REL ISO image, i can't get passed the "Wekcine to FreeBSD!" options screen.
The countdown seems to be updating, but it is not counting down,
the field gets updated with 10 each time.
And pressing buttons on the keyboard doesn't help either.
However, if i press alot of keyboard buttons, i get a kernel panic after a while.

If i launch the ISO image in vmware, and install it to a partition on the disk,
i can then boot it the regular way, and get passed the Welcome screen,
countdown working and everything. So this error seems to just occur while booting off the CD.

I've also tried enabling/disabling USB keyboard legacy support in BIOS without success.

Mainboard: Abit NF7-S2G
Keyboard: Logitech Ultra-X Keyboard (USB, connected via an USB hub)
Mouse: Logitech MX518

>How-To-Repeat:
Booting an FreeBSD ISO image with a similar configuration i guess.