Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:28:15 +0100
From:      Joachim Strombergson <Joachim.Strombergson@Ericsson.com>
To:        Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@playstos.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-smp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dual celeron

Aloha!

Alessandro de Manzano wrote:
> I've a couple of Intel Celeron 433Mhz processor (for socket 370) which
> were used on a dual celeron machine with 2 riser cards for Slot 1.
>
> I would put them on a motherboard ABit BP6 (dual socket 370), just for
> have a little SMP FBSD machine :-)
>
> Is there something I should know about this experiment ?

Only that it probably will work like a charm! I've had my dual Celeron
FreeBSD SMP box for 1.5 years now. I'm using the BP6 motherboard and the
only changes during the time has been CPU upgrades. Stability is great,
performance is great, the sun is shining,...

Today I probably would buy a super high MHz single CPU machine to get that
single program performane (Unreal Tournament, Emacs and other apps), but as
a small home server this machine has been and is great.

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours

Joachim Strömbergson - Alltid i harmonisk svängning
---------------- Ericsson Microwave Systems AB -----------------
Joachim Strömbergson            http://www.ericsson.se/microwave
     ASIC System on Silicon engineer, nice to CUTE animals.
* Opinions above, expressed or implicit, are strictly personal *
------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se -------------