Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:45:11 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linking problem with Linuxulator Java and shared libraries

I have been trying to get Minecraft working with the linux-sun-jre because it is known broken with the FreeBSD jre, but running into a persistent problem trying to link in the shared libraries it needs to run.  I can't tell if it's because I'm using the Linuxulator or if I've just missed something obvious, but it seems to try to link in a library it downloads ($HOME/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwgl.so), and fails for some reason.

I've tried doing a ktrace on it, but it didn't catch the right thread.  I'm running this with a linux bash shell just to make sure the system knows I want it to use the Linuxulator.  I've even done an ldd on the library to see if it was missing any dependancies (it depends against some java libraries, but everything seems to be in place).

Every time I run it however, I get this:
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /home/jandrese/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:69)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:219)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:638)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Killed

Does anybody know anything else I can try?  I tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that didn't help.  I've verified that libGL is installed and works with Linux (can run Doom3, etc...).  Is there any way to get more precise debugging out of Java?  The debug modes didn't appear to do anything useful, but I'm not an expert with it.

I'm running FreeBSD 8.2 with the Fedora 10 runtime.

--
\__/ Jason Andresen -- My opinions are my own.  \__/19\__/1A\__/1B\__/
/21\ That's the thing about people who think they hate computers. /2C\