Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:22:19 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on Cologne HFC-S PCI ?

Ari Suutari writes:
> Hi,
>
> A customer of ours just bought a number of isdn cards
> which were expected to be based on Winbond chip which
> should work with iwic driver. However, although the
> cards were sold with same product name as before they
> are now based on Cologne HFC-S PCI chip. Great...
>
> There seems to be no working driver for this chip in
> isdn4bsd. However, Helmuth Michaelis has posted
> a skeleton of driver. Has anyone been working on this ?
> If yes, I would appreciate some kind of summary about
> current state so I could maybe continue from that.
>
> If nobody hasn't done anything on the driver skeleton,
> could someone summarize what is missing in that skeleton
> and what is already there.

I was working on this to get the buffer handling as correct as possible.
What was missing was the handling for all the events, since the code
I got from Hellmuth wasn't quite there yet.

Just as I was getting ready to send the code to Hellmuth so he could
finish it up, since he has a much better infrastructure for that sort
of thing than I do, I accidentally deleted the code.

I discovered an older copy on tape, but lots of my work was missing.
At that point I sort of put it all aside with the intention of
getting back to it later. However, earning money has taken priority
and I haven't touched it in months.

If you want, I'll be glad to give you what I have. Or give me a contract
to finish it up :-) That'd be good incentive.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org