Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:59:03 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   more than 8 colors in console?

Hi,

I'm writing a console app, which needs to be quite colorful, and to use
customizable colors.  Unfortunately, with ncurses, right after start_color(),
I get a can_change_color() == FALSE.  Besides, COLORS is defined to as many
as the Co termcap capability, which is 8.

Well, all (well, most ;) PC video adapters can display up to 16 colors,
if I decide to drop the bold/blinking capabilities, and define all colors
as suits my taste.  Is there a way to define more than 8 colors, and..
uh.. is there a way to define *any* colors at all? :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
I am the thought you are now thinking.