Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:09:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      Victor Meirans <vic@cs.ru.lv>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Off-topic problem: CISCO 516

Greetings,

I know that this is off topic, but I hope somebody can help to solve my
problem.
We are small ISP (of course we use FreeBSD) with one static link to our
upper ISP, and use a pretty old CISCO 516 for routing and dial-up.
It runs v.9.21(3) OS.
The problem is that it restarts all the time when somebody on the network
is trying to access specific IP adrresses. The one I know for sure that
it can not acces the host if it's IP contains "90" in the "B" class
subnet (XXX.90.XXX.XXX). For example "www.nbceurope.com" or
"netvision.net.il".

"show version" reports that
System restarted by bus error at PC 0xCF35B1D8, address 0xCF35B1D8

Is this error a cisco software bug or it's caused by some incorrect
configuration? Maybe someone had something similar?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advace.

With best wishes
Victor Meirans