Date:      11 Apr 2001 23:46:47 -0400
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   What device is used to mount a USB CDROM?

With a ThinkPad X20, an IBM USB CD-ROM drive is attached to the
system with the following message:

        Apr 11 23:32:36 quid /kernel: ugen0: TEAC IBM USB CD-ROM Drive, rev1.10/1.34 addr 3

I cannot find the corresponding block device to actually mount a
filesystem from the CD-ROM (/dev/ugen* are all character not block devices).

Can anybody point me in the right direction, or is this just a case of the
USB code recognizing the device in a probe without having an actual
implementation to access block devices?

Thanks,
--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."