Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:01:18 +0200
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
To:        William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Delete Key

William Palfreman writes:

>Works for me when I run csh - I never use it as a shell.  What about in
>sh or bash?

sh is using editline, bash is using readline, both of which can bind
keysyms to actions, iirc.  editrc(5) and readline(3) (or rather, the
readline info document) should get you going.
might be a bit complex tho, since what the DEL key actually delivers
to the application depends on what kind of terminal you use (xterm
is different from the fbsd console, for example.)  I'd recommend to
just use ctrl+d in that case[, or just use vi bindings, in which
case you're completely independent from any non-typewriter keys except
the Escape key ;)].

--mkb