Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:37:09 -0700
From:      bmah@acm.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@acm.org>, Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI - 4.7-RC2 / i386 is on ftp-master.

--==_Exmh_1901930199P

If memory serves me right, jason andrade wrote:

> in most cases i would advise 48 hours notice - with timezones it
> can be a while before some admins will read the mail and then
> setup a mirror and..
>
> within 48 hours i'd expect it would be manually or automatically
> propagated to a large number of mirrors who can also then provide
> feedback to hubs in the initial 24 hours if they have grabbed it..

Hi Jason--

Thanks for the info.  For some reason I thought FTP mirroring worked
automatically on about the same timescale as, say, the cvsup mirrors or
the Web site rebuilds.  It sounds like this isn't necessarily the case,
and how the mirroring is set up depends on the individual mirror site
operator.  Right?

(Putting together a snapshot sure is a learning experience!)

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1901930199P

--==_Exmh_1901930199P--