Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:34:03 -0200
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: replacing rsync with cvsup

Peter Wemm wrote:
> Cejka Rudolf wrote:
>
>>Daniel C. Sobral wrote (2003/01/22):
>>
>>>I decided to try to replace rsync with cvsup, taking advantage of the
>>>low workload I have on january around here. Can anyone give me a
>>>Replacing Rsync With Cvsup For Dummies? :-)
>>
>>Rsync motd page on ftp-master.FreeBSD.org: :-)))
>

> To be clear, you can get the motd like this:
>
> peter@overcee[9:58pm]~-100> rsync ftp-master.freebsd.org::
>
> And it'll show you.  No special access is required for this.

That's a start, but my main concern is the extensive list of excludes I
keep on rsync. Also, I don't have a clue what sup is, or how to estimate
the size for it.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

An expert doesn't know any more than you do.  He or she is
merely better organized and uses slides.