Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:23:45 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  OpenBSD's isakmpd port maintainership

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:38:12PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> wrote:
>
> > > Seems that isakmpd (security/isakmpd) is outdated.  I'm currently using
> > > it in my production environment.  I would like to know does somebody
> > > working on bring isakmpd back sync'ed with current OpenBSD code base.
> >
> > Send patches, and poke me on #bsdports on Efnet.
> > I'm very interested in them.
>
> This would also open the door for porting ipsecctl(8).
> Hmmm.

Hi.

For anyone who would like to work on Isakmpd's support on FreeBSD,
please note that some work has been done in the kernel to support
extensions (NAT-T, etc...) for ipsec-tools.

It may be interesting to make isakmpd work with such extensions (which
may have not been implemented the same way as in OpenBSD), I can help
you and give you informations on that if you want.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ
http://www.netasq.com