Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      charshman@linux.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Introductions

Greetings!  I'm a new FreeBSD user, and I've got 3.2R up and more or less
running on a Toshiba Tecra 500CDT (P-120/1.3GB/24MB).  I've got to say, I
love it so far.  It takes me back to my early days with UN*X (Novell's
UnixWare 1.1, Slackware Linux 2.2.0, DEC Ultrix on a VAXstation 3100)...
Speedy and stable.

Now, just so that this post isn't wholly off-topic...  =)  Can anyone
point me towards any HOWTO style documents, or the like,  where I might
learn more on:

* APM.  I've got it in MYKERNEL and I've successfully recompiled, but no
support.  Probably a newbie thing I've overlooked.  The kernel does *not*
print any apm0: information, and I've run cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV apm0 ...

* Sound.  This unit has a Crystal PnP 4232 (according to Win98, installed
in a partition just large enough for it and StarCraft :) that apparently
is supported, after a fashion, under FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance!

- Chris