Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 16:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian J. Doherty" <bdoherty@even.icon.palo-alto.med.va.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   networking confusion

I'm having difficulty getting my PC up on the network after loading
FreeBSD-2.0 from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM.  It says "Network
unreachable" at boot time.  I've got a Dell Pentium with a 3C509.
The /etc/netstart and /etc/networks files are a bit confusing to me.
I know the IP addresses of my machine, my gateway, and my nameserver.
I also know my netmask.  I know this is sort of a vague message, but
can you give me any hints?  I didn't see a FAQ specifically aimed at
this type of problem.  Thanks a lot.