Date:      Wed, 03 Dec 1997 16:54:23 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, grog@lemis.com, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 -release ?

Hi,

> You are absolutely right.  But only problem is that there are pretty
> stable things (like 2-way SMP) as well as definitely work on progress
> real shame, because we are losing the market share right now to those
> who already offer SMP in their releases.

SMP is definately NOT ready for prime-time.  I'm going to be spending most
of december working on it, my goal is to hash out a design for "the real
thing".  Some major design changes to the kernel will be necessary, there's
likely to be blood on the floor b4 we're done...  Tune in to smp@freebsd.org
to participate in the discussions.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by