Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:38:13 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        doug <pvtmny1@gte.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unix

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> doug wrote:
>
> > I am intersted in teaching myself unix. Is there a downloadable version
> > that will run on a PC
>
> FreeBSD. Go to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.7-RELEASE/ for the
> latest released version, or you could wait a while for 2.2.8, or you could
> investigate -stable or -current. Check the handbook on www.freebsd.org
> for more information.
>
> > that does not have to be dedicated to UNIX?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by that bit, sorry.

I think he meant dual-boot FreeBSD and (presumably) WinDOS. In which
case the answer is yes :-)

> --
> Ben Smithurst
> ben@scientia.demon.co.uk
>
> send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com