Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:14:38 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Tetsuya Watanabe <mail95003@pop.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: q: high-speed serial card for freebsd

On Friday, 10 July 1998 at 18:31:23 -0700, Tetsuya Watanabe wrote:
> What kind of printer do you need with FreeBSD?  The printer has to
> have Adobe PostScript2 printing language? How about Epson ESC/P2?  I
> would like to buy a cheap printer so that PostScript2 may not be
> available on the printer.

You don't need a PostScript printer for FreeBSD.  About the only
gotcha is that you may need to insert CR characters in ASCII text.
You can use ghostscript to print PostScript on just about any printer.

I explain this in some detail in Chapter 14 of "The Complete FreeBSD",
second edition (http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm).

Greg