Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:56:18 -0500
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, so@i-clue.de
Subject:   Re: Which list to post, -QUESTIONS or -STABLE?

DOUG> > I'm having a problem with make installworld.  Do I post
DOUG> > my question on -QUESTIONS or -STABLE?
DOUG>

CHRIS> If you are running -stable, I'd post it there if you suspect it may be a
CHRIS> problem common to stable. If it's a problem related to your local
CHRIS> configuration or machine, I'd go -questions.
CHRIS>

BILL> A good rule of thumb:
BILL> If you're not sure where to post, post to -QUESTIONS.
BILL>
BILL> If you don't get an answer after a few days, then post to
BILL> -STABLE or -HACKERS.  Be sure to note that you tried
BILL> posting to -QUESTIONS and got no answer so that you
BILL> won't get flamed if the question is inappropriate.
BILL>

Thanks guys,

--
Doug