Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:53:40 -0500
From:      "Will Senn" <wsenn@postfuture.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation issues with 4.0

Hi all,

I am new to FreeBSD, though I have been a *nix user for a while.  I had been using Redhat Linux for the last couple of years and I
thought it was time for a change.

Here are my "questions":

I bought the FreeBSD powerpack, it comes with two flavors of FBSD - 4.0 and 5.0-current.  I figured I would err on the side of
caution and install 4.0. What then ensued was the following;  There was an error installing XFonts, I retried and it finished ok.
When I tried to select Gnome/Enlightenment, the installation went fine until it got to enlightenment where it claimed that
enlightenment was not contained in the index.

What's the deal?  I am pretty sure it is not the installation media, I tried a downloaded iso and got the same behavior.  The index
message also said something about inserting different media and retrying, the only problem there is that the cdrom is
mounted/locked!

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Will Senn
Senior Software Engineer, R&D
Postfuture, Inc.
Voice: (972) 789-1990 ext.232