Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2017 15:12:49 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic on external HD disconnection

Hello.

Today I was taking a backup to an external UFS HD when I accidentally
touched the cable and it sort of unplugged.

The whole system got a panic.

While I understand this falls either into hardware or "stupid user"
category of panics, is a whole crash normal?
Or should I expect better resilience, like fail that filesytem, spit a
whole bunch of offenses at me, but keep the on working with the rest,
and look for something wrong on my setup?

  bye & Thanks
	av.