Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:57:53 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Japan FreeBSD RC5!! Wow!

On Wed, Nov 26, 1997 at 09:29:24PM +0100, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> > Wow, I just peeded at the latest RC564 stats, and the Japan
> > FreeBSD Users Group is kicking ass!! As of right now, they're the
> > #1 team at their current rate. #7 overall, but it looks like within
> > 1 or 2 days they'll be at #5 or so. Very impressive. I knew FreeBSD
> > was a pretty hot ticket in Japan, but I had no idea it was this
> > hot!!
> >
> > Team-FreeBSD is also doing quite well, 16th overall but moving
> > up - 11th best rate yesterday. Good stuff as well. It really
>
> Do you know why these two don't unite? If yes they would be
> already on #5 today. I currently don't join a group (difficult
> decision) but if these two were one, it would be easier :-)

Well, unless you're part of the Japan FreeBSD Users group than
"Team FreeBSD" is for you! I don't think we really need to
join, having two FreeBSD teams placing well looks good as well.

I think the "Team FreeBSD" group will pick up considerably as the
contest matures. I know lots of people who aren't participating
right now due to the somewhat questionable stability of the
stats server (which has nothing to do with key block registration,
but shakes people confidence none-the-less...).

-Mark

> 	-Andre

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU