Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 09:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck runs out of memory during boot

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after installing the newest version of 2.2-STABLE, one of my
> machines doesn't boot properly anymore. I think it's fsck which
> runs out of memory. I have no idea what has changed and how to

  The "daemon" class in login.conf is supposed to control what limits are
given to things run out of rc.

  I found that modifying "daemon" was ineffective for the fsck problem.  I
stuck a "csh -c limit" line into rc just before the fsck so the current
limits would be printed during boot.  I eventutally just changed the
"default" class.

Tom