Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:59:25 +0100
From:      Alex <FreeBSD@cybertron.tmfweb.nl>
To:        Go Shag a donkey Up Yours <v1rus84@icqmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

Hello Go,

GSadUY> Hi...

GSadUY> Im thinking of switching to FreeBSD, but a few things i wanna know and get straight..

GSadUY> 1) Can i run .exe files and my usual desktop software ?
Quick anwser: No.
Long anwser: Yes, but... There are ports availible that have (some) ability that can do this, but this cost CPU and
isn't supported

GSadUY> 2) Can i quake 1 2 3 ?
I beleave Quake x is availble for FreeBSD. If this is not true, you
can enable the FreeBSD support for Linux. And play it this way.

GSadUY> 3) Im a AOLer can i still have my AOL 128k ISDN on FreeBSD or will i need to get new stuff that suports it (if yes what)
I beleave that ISDN card are supported. But if you card works is still
up for debate.

GSadUY> 4) Is it more secure then winblowz ME ?
1) Bugs can be and exist in all software. This is also the case for
FreeBSD.
2) FreeBSD has a memory manegment system. ME proberly doen'st just
like 95/98. (NT+ does also have a sucha system)

GSadUY> 5) will there be anything out from u ppl that will let me run as many programs as winblowz?
I don't follow. There is a large port system with free software
availble.

GSadUY> spank you for your time.... please send me more info on FreeBSD or any other OS's that u may recomend.
spanking? :o

Well FreeBSD reques less memory than windows and performs better.

GSadUY> v1rus84@icqmail.com

FreeBSD share the HD with windows and gives you a option to choice
which to start. You have to seporate the disk in two partition.

I use FBSD as a server (No desktop software). Well not now my server
is partly dead. :-( I use windows (NT/2000 else where)

You realy wanna have a look at http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
(How to get the best results for you quistions)

--
Best regards,
 Alex