Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:56:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD lang/prolog port

> FYI:
> I noticed there isn't a Prolog ported for FreeBSD. I took the
> old C-Prolog (one place of finding it is in an old usenet distributions)
> and made the changes needed for it to compile (and run the little programs
> I wanted to run) on FreeBSD.

Foo.  If you're going to finally map ports/lang/prolog to something,
why not use one of the CWI or Edinburg prologs?  They're much bigger
and full-featured implementations of the language, and last time I
tried to port one of them (it was one of the two but I can't remember
which) I seem to recall it only took me a few hours of hacking on it.
Twas not hard!

					Jordan