Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:27:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPRS + Bluetooth on FreeBSD (was: Support for Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter?)

Hello Lukas,

--- Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>
> > the problem is with sio(4) driver - not bluetooth. it is known problem and
> > it has been around for a while. interrupt routine is not called fast
> enough
> > to drain FIFO, so it overflows. sio(4) driver has the same problem even
> when
> > you run ppp(8). of course ppp *was* designed for serial lines and *can*
> > tolerate dropped bytes.
>
> Ok, I decided to buy the Epox Bluetooth USB adapter that's listed in the
> 5.1 Hardware Notes; works like a charm with the Nokia 6310i.

great, i'm glad you made it working :)
please let me know if you have any problems.

unrelated to the topic: i would like to know about people's experiences with
GPRS + Bluetooth on FreeBSD. is it usable in real life or more like a toy?
what it your usage of such configuration in the real life? what is the price
range? what is the normal speed? is GPRS connection stable? is GPRS coverage
any good? is that a reasonable configuration for road warrior type scenario?

thanks,
max