Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:45:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sym SCSI card problems during settle wait

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2000, at 20:14, G=E9rard Roudier wrote:
>=20
> > You must check that JP1/JP2 are configured for PCI INTA, which is norma=
lly
> > the default setting.
>=20
> I checked it.  It's set to INTA.  Thanks.  Could there be a corresponding=
=20
> item in the BIOS?

Probably not. This is just glue external to the chip.

The fact that the boot went up to the "wait for SCSI devices to settle..." =
=20
kernel message means that the driver succeeded chip initialization and did
run successfully some simple SCSI scripts to check DMA was working. But
the driver does not check if interrupts are happening properly. That was
the reason I suspected the PCI INT pin setting.

I donnot see any other obvious reason that may explain the hang-up. You
can try a 'boot -v' (verbose) and see if additionnal messages are printed
to the console. You may also remove devices from the SCSI BUS and see if
it makes differences, for example, etc...

  G=E9rard.