Date:      Wed, 16 May 2012 23:54:41 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Bruce Evans <brde@optusnet.com.au>, davidxu@FreeBSD.org, Brandon Falk <bfalk_bsd@brandonfa.lk>
Subject:   Re: High-res Timers

> >> Does anyone have a quick list of high-resolution timer functions? Both
> >> user-land and kernel-land? It would be greatly appreciated (doing some
> >> performance timing for applications).

clocks(7) - various system timers
getitimer(2), setitimer(2) - get/set value of interval timer

see ( man -k timer ) list for some other references.

I am not sure what sort of high resolution you are refering to but maybe
these will lead you in the right direction. Bruce Evans CCd - he may
have quite a bit that could be added to this. I always find what he has
to say very enlightening.

--