Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:14:10 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        "et-users@etinc.com" <et-users@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   startup problem

We are having trouble with one of our FreeBSD-2.2.7-Stable servers. We are
place to do it.. but it had worked fine up to now. The problem is, since
upgrading the driver to 3.0g, and updating the utils from 2.x.. it seems to
load them on bootup, as it dumps it to the screen. But nothing seems to
happen. The routing table is the same as before they hadn't loaded. After
the system is up, and I run rc.local by hand, everything is fine. If we
revery back to 2.x, everything is fine. Any ideas? Is there a better way to
configure ports other than having everything in rc.local? Moving a small
part of rc.local to /usr/local/etc/rc.d, same effect.

Thanks for any suggestions...