Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:38:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Eric De Mund <ead@ixian.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Very Small Computer Systems

Hello,

Scott Pilz <tech@tznet.com>:
] I'm curious, does anyone know where to buy very small (possibly rack
] mountable but not needed that badly) computer systems that run good on
] BSD for cheap? I realize that the requirements I'm looking for are not
] even made anymore (p450, 128mb of ram would be fine) so as far as
] speed goes, a low end profile would be fine. Cost is important however
] - cheaper the better.

Jim <freebsd-hardware-local@insignia.com>:
] I'm running an Asus Terminator Tualatin. Nice and quiet and fairly
] cheap.

Thanks for this. I found:

    Personal Computers (barebone and mini barebone systems)
    http://www.shentech.com/pcpercom.html

, and the mini barebone systems look very neat. Now, if I could only
find a mini (as opposed to regular) barebone system like the Shuttle
SV24 or SV25 that supports AMD processors. Anyone?

Also, is anyone here successfully using the VIA C3 "Ezra" processor? I
prefer not to use Intel processors, and I do like the idea of passive
CPU cooling being sufficient.

Regards,
Eric
--