Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2011 15:50:48 +0000
From:      "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@deepbone.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing a failed disk in raidz2 zfs (and gpt)

--------------enig78D6E2E9558AA60F284B0B66

On 02/03/2011 06:11, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I can't for the life of me get zpool to replace it. I can't remember wh=
> I used gpt instead of direct disks for the zmysql pool (but thats how i=
> is).

ISTR you had to online a drive first, then issue the replace command.
Also, it could be you used GPT to offset your ZFS partition on a 4
Kibyte boundary, because your drive might be one of those "hey I'm a 4
Kibyte physical sector size drive but I'll claim to have a 512 byte
sector size, both logical and physical, just to annoy you!" drives.
That's why I don't use raw disks for my ZFS drives, anyway.

Cheers,
--=20
	Thomas E. Spanjaard
	tgen@netphreax.net