Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 03:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/21443: I'm tired of telling people how to copy a disk.

The following reply was made to PR docs/21443; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, mwm@mired.org
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:00:29 +0200

 For what it's worth, cpdup works perfectly fine to copy a
 disk (or any directory tree), even the root FS.  It's easier
 to use and more efficient than dump/restore, and it's not
 restricted to whole file systems.  Therefore I'd suggest
 mentioning cpdup in this FAQ section (unfortunately I'm not
 a native English speaker, otherwise I'd try to formulate
 an appropriate paragraph myself).

 cpdup is in the ports collection in the sysutils category
 (I really wish it was in the base system).

 Best regards
    Oliver Fromme