Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:26:03 +1100
From:      Antony Mawer <ajmawer@optusnet.com.au>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE was stable for long time (Re: FreeBSD: Server or Desktop OS?)

> Actually, it might not make complete sense ... but if 100 committers make
> 100 changes to the server, and it isn't until -RELEASE that anyone puts
> any *real* load onto it and it breaks ... which of those 100 changes might
> have caused that problem?
>
> If ppl like me take snapshots periodically of STABLE and pound the hell
> out of it in a real life scenario, then the bugs don't get a chance to
> pile up ... the overall system *would* stay stable ...

Out of interest, has there been any attempt at running Bonsai or a
similar CVS checkin tracking tool for the FreeBSD repository? It'd make
trying to track down "this change went in on date X, affecting files A,
B, C and D, and was checked in by Z"-type things much easier.

I've run Bonsai myself and it's incredibly useful for such things.

Is there an equivalent system running for FreeBSD?

-Antony