Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:16:39 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

Quoting Robin <robin@robin.demon.co.uk>:
 [000907 21:35]:
Robin>
Robin>I am trying to configure freebsd4.1  and having severe problems when trying
Robin>to configure x server it goes through its usual process and then at the end
Robin>after it goes into graphics mode all I get is  a blank screen with a big
Robin>black bar at the left hand side of the screen that I am able to move along
Robin>by pressing tab?
Robin>the screen just stays at this until I do ctrl,alt,and backspace and have to
Robin>configure it all over again.

You might need to install a Window Manager, like afterstep or
enlightenmemt......from the ports....
After that you'll have to make sure that /usr/X11R6/bin is in your path.
For enlightenment, you can simply invoke enlightenment from the
prompt..after that it should load with your X.
I am not sure I helped you out.... you might need to let us know what X
Servers you've installed....

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
-E. M. Forster