Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:30:25 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath/net80211 in -HEAD: please test!

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate it if -HEAD ath/net80211 could get some testing
(complete with lock/witness debugging enabled). I've made a few
changes:

* tried to close the vap->iv_bss races that may be occuring, for
reasons I'll contiune trying to trace down;
* Fixed RX interrupts overlapping with reset/channel change;
* Added a lock assert in ath_newstate() to ensure the lock is still
held throughout the call and after the call to the vap newstate
function.

I'm going to do some more locking work in the next few days to try and
capture if/where the locking and refcounting violations are occuring.
On the plus side, I don't have any odd net80211 panics in the lab any
longer (thanks to all of the test/blocking traffic around me!) but on
the minus side, I'm not at all convinced I've conclusively nailed the
issues.

So I'd really appreciate it if people would test this out in both
station and access point. (And ibss/mesh, if you're that way
inclined.) Yes, I know TDMA is still broken - it's on my near term
TODO list, after more 11n fixes.

I'll try to test things as best I can but you all can break things in
weird/wonderful ways. I'd appreciate it. Really. Appreciate. :-)

Thanks!

Adrian