Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 2009 23:17:55 +0200
From:      Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some issues with video-intel-2.7.1

Robert Noland wrote:
> -CURRENT should resolve most of your issues.  The problem is with our
> handling of msi interrupts in the pci code.  A few people are reporting
> panics with HEAD that haven't yet been resolved.  I let X autoload the
> kernel modules and I haven't seen any issues with the G45 board that I
> use for my Intel work.

I updated to HEAD the other night and it fixed the biggest problem
(along with some other unrelated problems), thanks!

The problem with exiting my window manager still persists, though.  When
it exits, I've noticed Xorg persistently core dumps (bus error), and
when that happens the vty is filled with horizontal stripes as if the
LCD panel has a bad connection.  Only fix is a reboot.  Only work around
is ctrl+alt+backspace.

Not sure if this is a Xorg problem, but if I can help with information,
please ask. :)

Thanks,
Aragon