Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 1995 15:03:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      SNSUMNER%FLC@VAXF.Colorado.EDU
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help!

I downloaded FreeBSD 2.0 from FTP.CDROM.COM and installed the following:
BINDIST, PROFILES, DICT, MANPAGES
I want start to learn UNIX and I was told FreeBSD was what I needed to start.
Problem is I don't know anything about this operating system. I just know how
to do a 'CD' and a 'LS'. So my question for you is this "How do I get to the
online manpages I installed?" I don't know how to find or view them. Will they
tell me enough to understand how to use UNIX? If not is there anyone place on
INTERNET which I can get documents to help learn UNIX? Otherwise is there a
book I can purchase at a book store that you would recommend? I've got thiss
operating system and I don't even know what to do with it? Please help.
Scott Sumner,