Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:25:44 +1000
From:      "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPPOE and radius

Hi Fellows

Has anyone on the list implemented a FreeBSD PPPOE server with radius
requests to a Separate FreeBSD server running the radiator radius server?

I have set up such a system as the diagram below
        |  Public IP
FreeBSD radius server running Radiator
        | Private IP 192.168.x.x

    Switch

        | Private IP    192.168.x.x
Freebsd Gateway PPPOE server
        | Public IP 61.x.x.1
        | Public IP 61.x.x.10 or dynamically assigned
Dlink 704P router
        | Private IP  NAT

The problem I am having is that the Freebsd gateway server is sending radius
requests to the FreeBSD radius server, the radius server is processing the
request and logging an Access-Accept however the FreeBSD gateway is
reporting an error  No valid radius reply received.

It would appear as if the problem lies in the format of the reply
attributes.  I have logged all the incoming connections and there is an
incoming radius reply request.

Can anyone tell me what attributes the Freebsd Gateway server would be
looking for in the return reply

Thanks

Tim