Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 19:36:21 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VoxWare v3.5-alpha5 integration

Hi Chris,

We are in the process of cleaning up the VoxWare v3.5 sound driver
or rather Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it> has taken the
lead in that area. In the meantime, we are trying to ask people to
the test the driver more aggresively so hopefully in a week or two
we can integrate the driver in 3.0-current.

The latest Voxware 3.5 derivative sound driver is at:
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp8.tar.gz

That version also includes a linux ioctl patch which defines missing
ioctls such  LINUX_SNDCTL_DSP_GETIPTR   ( 0x5011).

The patch file ,i386_linux.patch,  was contributed by
Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>

	Have fun,
	Amancio