Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:27:21 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        phk@ref.tfs.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: shared library versioning

> No, I don't think so.  Only libraries whose interface has changed
> should be bumped, and said bumping should occur at most once during
> the release cycle.

Yeah, I agree with this. During the release cycle we can handle any
library problems ourselves by recompiling what we need to.

We maybe should have some mechanism for tracking this so that we know when
changing the libraries that someone has already bumped the numbers since the
last release.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/