Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:22:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcp(d) problem

My clients run dhcp and all is well. But if the server is rebooted they loose
their connection to the server. I think this is because they also are
NFS-mounting an exported /usr from the server.

However: The clients get their IP, netmask and gateway when rebooted but NOT
their hostname. That is the dhcp-client say New IP:192.168.0.xx etc but on the
line before that ifconfig protests: 'Cannot assign requested address'.

The clients are also not pingable if the server goes down and up again.

To get the hostname back and normal IPsettings I have to reboot the clients a
second time. After that everything is back to normal.

Isn't that strange?

(oh, and is there anything to do about it?)

/Micke