Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:51:56 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Andrew Mejia <andrew.mejia@oicweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new to freebsd

Andrew Mejia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i attempted to pull down the freebsd 4.1.1 release from:
> ftp://ftp.ca.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.1.1-RELEASE
>
> and was unable to collect it from the ftp site...  i'm sure my network
> connectivity was functioning properly...  any ideas on where to get this
> dist. from a site that you can download it from:??

Are you sure you want it this way. I would normally download something
like the iso from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/

Then burn it as an image onto a CDROM. Since you are in California,
you probably should be using a California mirror. There are other US
mirrors at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html#MIRRORS-US

Questions like this should probably be addressed to
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart